Daily Reflection with Fr. Tomas Del Valle-Reyes



Dear Friends: Praying is not easy. Our daily routine calls for our full attention. And the world around us puts little value on prayer; our lives are full of material things but at the same time are getting emptier in God’s value.

For this reason, I will post a daily reflection and as you visit this site may the Holy Spirit within you come to your aid and guide you gently to the God who loves you
.


Monday, June 29, 2020

Lord, Give me Hope

Dear Lord God, my heavenly Father, I beg you to grant me the gift of hope. 
My life is dark and full of sorrow. 
There seems nothing to look forward to but sadness.
Show me that life has duties and many pleasures still waiting for me. 
Revive within me the desire to live.

Plant hope in my heart, that despair may vanish as the dew before the sun. 
I know all good things come from you, and you have promised to give them to your children who try to serve you.

Let the hope of happiness in the world, come to brighten my way.

I ask this in Jesus' name.

Amen.

Fr. Tomas Del Valle-Reyes
Descubriendo el siglo 21
P. O. BOX 1170
New York, NY 10018
212.244-4778

No comments: