Daily Reflection with Fr. Tomas Del Valle-Reyes



Dear Friends: Praying is not easy. Our daily routine calls for our full attention. And the world around us puts little value on prayer; our lives are full of material things but at the same time are getting emptier in God’s value.

For this reason, I will post a daily reflection and as you visit this site may the Holy Spirit within you come to your aid and guide you gently to the God who loves you
.


Monday, July 6, 2020

A Thief In The House

A horrible thing happened to me today..... a thief broke into my house.
It happened shortly after I awoke this morning.
 I got up and began rushing about.
 I had a thousand things on my list and was already running behind.
Quickly, I gulped down breakfast, took a shower and
got ready for work.
In my rush, I forgot to turn the security system on at my house.
 It was just about a half an hour later that the thief broke in.
 Of course, he didn't make a sound.
Just kind of snuck inside, not drawing any attention to himself.
In fact, none of the neighbors ever saw him.
But, I did.
You see, I WAS HOME when the thief broke in.
 He naturally startled me, as I was unprepared for his visit.
He, of course, didn't announce that he was coming
and I certainly had not invited him over.
And yet, I found myself face to face with danger and I felt so powerless.
 I also felt so very stupid, because this whole incident could have been avoided if I had just taken the time to turn the security system on.
You better believe I'll be turning it on tomorrow morning!
I thought I'd warn you about this guy, because he's still on the loose.
Chances are, he's in your area.
 Possibly even headed for your house.
His name? His name is Satan. You see, this morning when I jumped up in my
haste to get started on my busy day, I skipped my prayer time - opting to "pray later today."
 In other words, I DIDN'T TURN ON THE SECURITY SYSTEM.
My defense wasn't on, my guard was dropped... ..and when the thief came into my home to attack me, I was unprepared to do battle. 
He tempted me and I felt powerless.
 Like I said, I also felt so very stupid, because I could have avoided the incident if I had just taken the time to pray.
My friend, the thief has come to "steal, kill and destroy." 
 And, as a Child of God, you are on his "hit list." 
 He'll probably pop over to your house today. He may be lurking outside your door right now, just waiting to catch you off guard.
Take time to pray this morning.
 Bind Satan from your very presence, to protect you and empower you to do battle. In short... ...don't forget to turn your security system on.
Author Unknown.


Fr. Tomas Del Valle-Reyes
Descubriendo el siglo 21
P. O. BOX 1170
New York, NY 10018
212.244-4778

No comments: