Daily Reflection with Fr. Tomas Del Valle-Reyes



Dear Friends: Praying is not easy. Our daily routine calls for our full attention. And the world around us puts little value on prayer; our lives are full of material things but at the same time are getting emptier in God’s value.

For this reason, I will post a daily reflection and as you visit this site may the Holy Spirit within you come to your aid and guide you gently to the God who loves you
.


Tuesday, March 10, 2020

You are Perfect, My Lord

We can never match
your perfection, Lord
Try as we might
we stumble and fall
grasping for that
which we feel is
unobtainable
We are nothing
if not consistent
in our falling
from your grace
For you are perfect love
and we most certainly are not
Perfect love casts out fear
and we are fearful
fearful
of the unknown
fearful
of failure
'Son, I never ask
for the impossible
I never set a goal
that cannot be reached,
a mountain that cannot be climbed
even by those of a nervous disposition.
All I ask is that you come to me as you are
at this moment in time
and accept me as I AM.
There is no part of you
that cannot be made clean
renewed, restored.
I will never stumble, I always
hold out your hand instead.
That's not too much to ask
is it?

Descubriendo el Siglo 21
Discovering 21century
Fr Tomás Del Valle-Reyes
P. O. BOX 1170
New York, NY 10018
(212) 244 4778

No comments: