Daily Reflection with Fr. Tomas Del Valle-Reyes



Dear Friends: Praying is not easy. Our daily routine calls for our full attention. And the world around us puts little value on prayer; our lives are full of material things but at the same time are getting emptier in God’s value.

For this reason, I will post a daily reflection and as you visit this site may the Holy Spirit within you come to your aid and guide you gently to the God who loves you
.


Monday, March 16, 2020

A Prayer for Work

Eternal and everlasting God, who has ordained that all should work for their daily bread, show me the work that you have appointed for me.

You know the things that I need. Help me find the honest task that will allow me to get them.

Let me not despise my work, even if it be small. Help me to do it so well, that it may please you, and, that I may obtain a better one.

I am part of your great world that you have made. Give me a place in its work, that I may have enough for my own needs and the needs of those who depend on me. Give me grace to be able to help others who have less.

Please Dear God, hear my prayer.
Amen.

Fr. Tomas Del Valle-Reyes
Discovering 21 Century /Descubriendo el siglo 21
P. O. BOX 1170
New York, NY 10018
212.244-4778

No comments: