Daily Reflection with Fr. Tomas Del Valle-Reyes



Dear Friends: Praying is not easy. Our daily routine calls for our full attention. And the world around us puts little value on prayer; our lives are full of material things but at the same time are getting emptier in God’s value.

For this reason, I will post a daily reflection and as you visit this site may the Holy Spirit within you come to your aid and guide you gently to the God who loves you
.


Wednesday, July 20, 2016

HEALED AND WHOLE

One day I dug a little hole 
And put my hurt inside 
I thought that I could just forget I'd put it there to hide.
But that little hurt began to grow 
I covered it every day I couldn't leave it and go on 
It seemed the price I had to pay.
My joy was gone, my heart was sad Pain was all I knew.
My wounded soul enveloped me Loving seemed too hard to do.
One day, while standing by my hole 
I cried to God above And said, "If You are really there They say, You're a God of Love!
And just like that -- He was right there And just put His arms around me 
He wiped my tears, His hurting child There was no safer place to be.
I told Him all about my hurt I opened up my heart He listened to each and 
every word To every sordid part.
I dug down deep and got my hurt I brushed the dirt 
away And placed it in the Master's hand 
And healing came that day.
He took the blackness of my soul 
And set my spirit FREE! Something beautiful began 
to grow Where the hurt used to be.
And when I look at what has grown 
Out of my tears and pain I remember every day
 to give my hurts to Him And never bury them again.



Father Tomas Del Valle-Reyes
Discovering 21 Century
P.O. BOX 1170
New York, NY 10018
Radiosigloxxi@aol.com
www.discovering21century.com 

No comments: