Daily Reflection with Fr. Tomas Del Valle-Reyes



Dear Friends: Praying is not easy. Our daily routine calls for our full attention. And the world around us puts little value on prayer; our lives are full of material things but at the same time are getting emptier in God’s value.

For this reason, I will post a daily reflection and as you visit this site may the Holy Spirit within you come to your aid and guide you gently to the God who loves you
.


Sunday, September 18, 2022

My Neighbor, my family?

When I talk of neighbor I mean the family next door
whom I might or might not get on with.
When you talk of neighbor you extend our neighborhood
to the whole world to all kinds of people
the old, the young the good and the bad
those from different social or ethnic groups.
I see them on my TV screen and just know
that I could not get on with them
if they happened to move in next door.
But then, that is your challenge to us, isn't it? 

To do as you did.
To extend the hand of love unconditionally

no strings or prejudice attached.
I can't do that Lord it is not in my nature.
But I am convinced that you can do it through me.

Descubriendo el Siglo 21
Discovering 21century
Fr Tomás Del Valle-Reyes
P. O. BOX 1170
New York, NY 10018
(212) 244 4778

No comments: