Daily Reflection with Fr. Tomas Del Valle-Reyes



Dear Friends: Praying is not easy. Our daily routine calls for our full attention. And the world around us puts little value on prayer; our lives are full of material things but at the same time are getting emptier in God’s value.

For this reason, I will post a daily reflection and as you visit this site may the Holy Spirit within you come to your aid and guide you gently to the God who loves you
.


Wednesday, June 8, 2016

HOW DO YOU DO LORD!!

Look God: 
I have never spoken to You.
But now I want to say, "How do You do."
You see God, they told me You did not exist;
And, like a fool, I believed all of this.
Last night from a shell hole I saw Your sky;
I figured right then they had told me a lie.
Had I taken the time to see the things You made,
I would know they weren't calling a spade a spade.
I wonder, God, if You would shake my hand;
Somehow, I feel that You will understand.
Strange, I had to come to this hellish place,
before I had time to see Your face.
Well, I guess there isn't much more to say,
But I am sure glad, God, I met You today.
I guess the zero hour will soon be here,
But I am not afraid since I know You are near.
The signal- well, God I will have to go; I
love you lots, this I want you to know.
Looks like this will be a horrible fight; Who knows,
I may come to your house tonight.
Though I wasn't friendly with you before,
I wonder, God, if you would wait at the door.
Look, I am crying, me shedding tears!
I wish I had known you these many years.
Well, I will have to go now, God.
Goodbye - Strange, since I met you,
I am not afraid to die.
-Author Unknown


Fr. Tomas Del Valle-Reyes
Descubriendo el Siglo 21/Discovering 21 Century
P.O. BOX 1170
New York, NY  10018
Tel- 212-24-4778
www.descubriendoelsiglo21.com/

No comments: