Daily Reflection with Fr. Tomas Del Valle-Reyes



Dear Friends: Praying is not easy. Our daily routine calls for our full attention. And the world around us puts little value on prayer; our lives are full of material things but at the same time are getting emptier in God’s value.

For this reason, I will post a daily reflection and as you visit this site may the Holy Spirit within you come to your aid and guide you gently to the God who loves you
.


Friday, April 19, 2024

"Addiction"

When I started using drugs 
It was all just fun and games, 
Hanging out, getting high, 
and Feeling no pain.
Having lots of fun
Running with the crowd
Doing what I wanted  
When I knew it wasn't allowed.
Slowly, day by day, those drugs 
Changed my life
Always getting in trouble Living from night to night.
At some point I became addicted I'm not sure
when or how I started lying, cheating and scheming
 Of those things, I am not proud.
Addiction is cunning
It's a baffling disease 
It makes you very selfish
It creates enemies.
But in the shadow of darkness
There is a ray of hope
You can defeat addiction You can take control.
The journey through recovery
Is a long and treacherous
road But if you have the courage Just reach out and take hold.
Take hold of your dignity Regain your happy life
You are not alone With God by your side
He'll walk you through the shadows Of heartache and pain Give your will to him
You have everything to gain.

Descubriendo el Siglo 21
Discovering 21century
Fr Tomás Del Valle-Reyes
P. O. BOX 1170
New York, NY 10018
(212) 244 4778

No comments: