Daily Reflection with Fr. Tomas Del Valle-Reyes



Dear Friends: Praying is not easy. Our daily routine calls for our full attention. And the world around us puts little value on prayer; our lives are full of material things but at the same time are getting emptier in God’s value.

For this reason, I will post a daily reflection and as you visit this site may the Holy Spirit within you come to your aid and guide you gently to the God who loves you
.


Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Help me Love others..

Lord God, help me to love those
whom I find it difficult to love.
Give me a heart that reaches out
to those I would otherwise ignore.
Give me the strength not to cross
on the other side of the road
but to play the part of the Samaritan.
This will not be easy, Lord.
It is not in my nature.
We spread our love thinly
among those we can relate to
those who share our values
and those who do not threaten
our comfortable lifestyle.
It's not easy, Lord
and on our own we shall fail.
But with your help all things are possible.
You led the way
and it is your example that we look to.
You turned the values of this world upside down.
Do the same with us. Lord.
Help us live the reality of your Love.
Descubriendo el Siglo 21
Discovering 21century
Fr Tomás Del Valle-Reyes
P. O. BOX 1170
New York, NY 10018
(212) 244 4778


No comments: