Daily Reflection with Fr. Tomas Del Valle-Reyes



Dear Friends: Praying is not easy. Our daily routine calls for our full attention. And the world around us puts little value on prayer; our lives are full of material things but at the same time are getting emptier in God’s value.

For this reason, I will post a daily reflection and as you visit this site may the Holy Spirit within you come to your aid and guide you gently to the God who loves you
.


Monday, September 26, 2016

IF I COULD BE GOD FOR JUST ONE DAY

I would like to be God for just one day,
I'd give all my creatures a chance to play.

I would bring to the suffering quick release,
I'd give to the frightened comfort and peace.
And those that were suffering would hunger no more,
I would heal all the wounded, bleeding and sore.
I'd close all the doors where sadists reign,
With their tests and their knives so ready for pain.
I would open the doors of the cages wide,
And offer their freedom to those inside.
I would throw out the traps that lie in wait,
For a small furry creature, a cruel fate.
I would close all the bullrings and break every spear,
And the rabbit no longer the greyhound would fear.
I would clean all the oil from out of the sea,.
I would let all the fish in the nets go free.
I would throw out the arrows that pierce so deep,
I would give to the tired the blessing of sleep.
I'd close all the tracks where the races are won,
By horses abused to make them run.
I would teach little children that birds are frail,
And puppies and kittens.......don't hold by the tail.
And the bunnies and chicks and ducklings so small,
I would not let stores have for sale at all.
I would free all the animals raised for fur,
I would tear down the ranches where they were.
I would open the pens that are stacked so high,
So legs could run free and wings could fly.
I would silence the sound of the hunters guns,
I'd give speed to the legs of the fox that runs.
I would break every rope by the rodeo used,
I would comfort the cattle the cowboy abused.
I would make all the streams run pure and sweet,
I'd show mercy to animals used for meat.
I would offer green grass to the worn out nag,
I would throw out the snares in the hunters bag.
I would break all the clubs that batter their prey,
I would take all the poison and throw it away.
I would close the arenas and bloody pits,
Where roosters and dogs are torn to bits.
I'd find homes for the homeless in cities and farms,
I would gather the strays in my loving arms.
I know it's not given to mind of man
The workings of God to understand,
But oh how I long for the day to come
Bringing help for the helpless, tortured and dumb.
And I mean no irreverence because I say
I would like to be God for just one day.

Father Tomas Del Valle-Reyes
Discovering 21 Century
P.O. BOX 1170
New York, NY 10018
Radiosigloxxi@aol.com

No comments: